Wednesday, December 16, 2020

swingin checkerboard

I have a few minutes in the evening to sew on my treadle - I really didn't want to start a new project, but, I wanted to make a quilted twins quilt called swingin checkerboard, this year, and didn't get to it. So, I am giving myself permission to just sew a few strips together while watching conference in the evening.


That is, until, I become consumed with the project, and it takes over what I am doing. I have quilter's ADD, I guess. First, I just cut a few strip sets to see what they would look like, now, I am over half way with the pieces that I will need. This will be a great scrap buster.....


Swingin checkerboard is a free pattern here. Quilted twins  has fabric and many free patterns here

I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty quilt. Becky's quilt looks springy and yours will too with the pink and green. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll making all of these - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me too--the project just takes over and I have to keep sewing it. Thanks for the link to the pattern, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All in all, that's pretty mindless stitching, so a great project for your down time.

    ReplyDelete