Monday, January 1, 2018

mystery quilts

Time to hurry and finish the on ringo lake mystery quilt from quiltville. Bonnie has ramped up the last of the clues and today was the reveal. I am toggling between the last clues. I needed to starch the fabric for the coral triangles in clue 6. I have a few more to trim on clue 5 and I have sewn half of the clue 7 together because the pieces were all done earlier.
I am choosing to do the studio 180 technique for the flying geese using the wing clipper template. I used it in clue 2 and I really liked it. I like that it makes 4 at a time.





Jo of Jo's Country Junction has a string fling challenge each Monday. She is planning on making all the quilts from one book called String fling.  When I did the tally from my book. I was surprised how many I have started. But, for my challenge, I want to finish all the mystery quilts from Quiltville. I have them all started and several just need quilting. So for 2018, I plan to finish all 16 mystery quilts.


2007 Carolina Crossroads - I need borders
April 2008 Orange Crush - finished in 2017
August 2008 Tobacco Road - finished in 2017
January 2009 Double Delight - just needs assembled and borders
January 2009 Christmas Lights (3 parts in Quiltmaker magazine) - just needs quilted
2009 Carolina Christmas - just needs quilted
2010 Roll Roll Cotton Boll - needs assembled and so on.
2011 Orca Bay - I think I have the string part finished
2012 Easy Street - just needs quilted
2013 Celtic Solstice - just needs quilted
March 2013 Lazy Sunday (3 parts in Quiltmaker magazine) - just needs quilted
2014 Grand Illusion - finished
2014 Grand illusion denise schmidt fabrics - needs borders
2015 Allietare! - needs borders and so on
2016 En Provence bright - finished 2017
2016 En Provence civil war - needs quilted
2017 On Ringo Lake - in pieces.

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar

and there is a mystery link up at Quiltville

2 comments:

  1. That's how I prefer doing my flying geese, too. :) You're doing so great on your Ringo work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your inspiration on the Show and Tell Monday! Bambi

    ReplyDelete