Monday, January 29, 2018

A goal and a finish

The turtle quilt is finished. I added a border to the pattern. Again, it was an excellently written pattern. I really enjoyed making it. It can be found here.



I am quilting the butterfly quilt. It should be finished completely by the end of the month. Which means I have met my goal for the one monthly goal and then some. I am thrilled with the progress I have made for the month of January. Especially since I have had the flu.


And I have made over 100 bars of soap and a dozen bottles of lotion for the winter months. This is the first I have tried of lotion bars. They are more shelf stable and hold their firmness until applied to the skin, and then they melt into lotiony goodness. I still need to get rid of the soaping stuff that I am not keeping and packing the rest away for another day. Next month, we will be concentrating on canning and jars.

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar


boms away   link in sidebar


9 comments:

  1. Hey, the turtles look better with your extra border! Cute quilt. :) Look forward to seeing the finished butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better! I love how the turtle quilt turned out. And a second quilt as well. Yeah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly been productive. Love the turtle quilt....very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turtle quilt is just darling... congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love those turtles! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The turtle quilt is ADORABLE and I'm super intrigued by those lotion bars. They sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your link this week to the show and tell you monday !! bambi hug

    ReplyDelete
  8. The turtle quilt looks great. I agree with it looking better with the additional boarder. As much as I dislike adding boarders I like when someone else has to do it.

    ReplyDelete