Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Spiderwebs

My UFOs have languished as I have been working on the En Provence mystery quilt at Quiltville.

Jo from JO's Country junction has asked about spiderweb quilts. I have a couple that I have worked on, off and on. These are not quilts I get in a hurry about making. But slowly, and magically they come together.
I completely pieced this one on my 1920 Singer Red eye treadle. It is in rows waiting to become a top. It is hard to make an orange spiderweb quilt without a few spiders ( get it) and bats.

I was inspired by the colors in this antique one.
 

My favorite color is yellow and I had a honey bun, so I started this one.
And when Bonnie hunter started this one, her photo

 she made several blocks with an olive green that I liked. These are hers.. her photo
 She changed her mind and went to yellow centers, but I had already started cutting green.

 So I have a bunch started with olive green and scrappy strings.
This one is on my inspiration board. I might have to do white as well.

 As part of preparing for Christmas, I add several gratefuls to my gratitude journal. I thought I would share one.


I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
  

3 comments:

  1. Got here from Jo's Country Junction. Love your spiderweb quilts and you have some 2016 finshed quilts that I have now put on my to-do list. Thanks for sharing.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun. I have so many scraps that I want to so one of these. Another quilt on my quilt bucketlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - this must be easy to put together as you've got three going! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete