Monday, December 12, 2016

greenery and purple

Pantone has released their color of the year for 2017


I have been sewing 4 patches for Clue #3 of En Provence. I developed a system for making the 4 patches. It isn't so much the color I wanted to get in a certain order, it was the nesting of the seams. I found  that finger pressing to the dark with both dark at the top, I could rotate the one on the right and it would nest, and feed the top seam to the top.

After a while it became a rhythm. press, press, flip, and sew, and repeat.



 I want to feed them this way so that the machine helps to push that nesting a little bit tighter.
 

I have finished 168 lavender and purple 4 patches for Clue #3
The quilt in the Bonnie colors is up to date. I need to do Clue# 3  for the civil war version.

At this point, I am going to wait to do the civil war version. For one thing, I am sick of 4 patches - I have done 610 of them. And I am afraid to cut strips from my fat quarters, and then need a bigger size than I have left, later, for other units. Civil war colors are not what I have on hand in scraps. sigh....


I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday

3 comments:

  1. You've made pretty good progress. Those Civil War prints are going to make up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be tired of making four patches too! I usually do projects like that as leaders and enders so I don't bore myself to tears.

    ReplyDelete