Monday, October 7, 2024

zig zag ripple blocks

I enjoy participating in the rainbow scrap challenge each year. I pick a few quilt ideas that will use up scraps in a certain size. This year for the 1 1/2 inch strips I followed the color of the month and made a zig zag ripple block. Now, that it is the end of the year, I wanted to clean out some of my projects and regroup. I did a count of ripple blocks for the year and I had 70 finished. My goal was 72. I found 2 gray strips and I will make those and, then, the blocks will go into the ufo closet for a little vacation.


I am linking:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the "how" or maybe the "why" of picking blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge. I think that will help me figure out what I want to do in 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this one was a great idea for an RSC project!! what fun it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome blocks!! Great scrap busters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rainbow of blocks! Great way to use up your scraps. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/10/02/wednesday-wait-loss-401

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such fun scrappy projects in the works. Looking forward to when vacation is over for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun zig zag blocks. I hope you dont leave them in the closet for too long, as I'd love to see how you put them all together as a top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Jenny! Don't let their vaycay be too long!

    ReplyDelete