Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Rug hooking Project

I love my rug hooking guild, but have been unable to attend much of the summer. Or maybe, I haven't made time for it because I am working on a Christmas rug, and I need snow to get in the mood.
My pattern is from a Primitive Quilts magazine.

The design is a minnick and Simpson rug. I wasn't sure I wanted to hook a seasonal rug, but as I have gotten older, I ask my self more Why nots, and I wanted to leave a nativity or new ornament out all year, I have no reason not to do it. And it makes me smile, and I like to smile. So.. I expect that my Christmas rug will remain out all the time.

I decided to make my green boughs scrappy with several different greens. I found a velour skirt at Goodwill that I cut into strips. I think it is a fun texture for the berries.

This is my husband's rug hooking project .

No comments:

Post a Comment