Friday, July 29, 2016

Rug hooking Guild Gift

Yesterday was rug hooking with my guild ( Rug Matters). I have made frame cozies for several ladies, since I am clumsy an scratch myself on my frame. I am starting the dark background on my Christmas rug, and I like it.You can read about it here.  Sometimes, when I hook the main design, I become accustomed to the look of the linen background, and I wonder if I shouldn't like a more similar background. I like the dark very much. My cozy is made from fleece with quirky monsters on it that make me smile.
I made this one for my mentor, Carol. It fits her snap dragon.
I finished this tablerunner using a 60 degree ruler and this pattern. Super easy. 5 seams and no quilting or binding. Each 1 1/2 yards of fabric will make 2 tablerunners.


1 comment:

  1. I made fleece covers for my frames too, since my forearms were getting scratched to bit from the grippers. They work really good, huh?

    ReplyDelete