Friday, March 11, 2022

Christmas sparkle finish

It is so exciting to finish this Christmas quilt early..... ok late. But, I am glad it is done and off all my lists. I found the pattern as a free Christmas sew along here. In March 2018, I was overwhelmed with piles of Christmas fabrics and I started cutting. This is one of the quilts I cut trying to use it and organize it. I didn't make it all go away, but, I did get it stored together.

I had it cut out January 2021

I started  the blocks march 2021

The blocks were big and I really liked these Christmas prints

It was a top April 2021



84 x84 = 24 yards

old Christmas prints for the back and free form swirl quilting


I am linking to:

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous finish and ready for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Maggie — and it’s definitely an EARLY finish for Christmas ‘22!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for an early Christmas finish! It is a beauty, too! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Christmas fabrics too! It really does “sparkle “!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful finish, Maggie! I vote for early, lol! I love the stars that show up in the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I just finished a Christmas quilt as well. Feels good to be ahead instead of behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the swirly quilting, I can almost feel the blustery winter winds. Nice match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho ho ho! Christmas quilts are never late, because Christmas is always coming. Lovely quilt, gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful early Christmas quilt, love also the pieced border. Well done, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish Maggie. I really like that design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late/early, depends on how you look at it. Either way it will be a nice addition to cuddle with by the Christmas tree. It's beautiful. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish! This truly sparkles. Thanks for sharing on my 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete