Thursday, October 31, 2019

basket one monthly goal

I have a dozen of these batting boards to use for block piecing. I never remember to use them, but, they came in handy for preparing my basket blocks. I really enjoyed making the blocks once the hard decision was made about which baskets to put where. It was really easy to chain sew, without the pressure of choosing.



I made a few basket blocks first thing in the mornings, and every chance I had, in between other projects. I was surprised how quickly I had a pile of blocks.








I had enough swap baskets to make 57 blocks of four. Each basket is different and even made by a different quilter. I love them. I tend to be very sentimental about these things.
Here and here is more about my project. My one monthly goal for October was to uncover the project and prepare a plan. I did that, and then, couldn't stop working on them.

I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. These look great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blocks! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for exceeding your October expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little basket blocks are adorable! And so special that they were made by other quilters. Thank you linking up to Creative Compulsions!

    ReplyDelete