Thanks to Sara, I realized I forgot the quiltville leader/ender challenge this year. It's called tulip swirl. I made a few in yellow for the month of August. I don't really have room for another block idea. But, I do have smaller 2 1/2 inch strips that I could use and see them disappear.
I made the 9 patch chaining blocks for candy chains. I have purple to go.
I was a little bold in my choices for backgrounds for rolling windmills.
square dance is finished for August. This yellow is very bright.
I am linking to:
TGIFF different it changes every week
please consider signing up to host the weekly party here
I am linking:
You have some fun yellow blocks for this month. The stack and whack leaves turned out beautifully. You had a productive month on the scrap front.
ReplyDeleteWow, yellow progress on four different blocks. I like your old choices for the rolling windmill blocks!
ReplyDeleteThe yellow may be bright in your Square Dance blocks, but it is such a happy color and really shows off the 4 x 4 patched block in the center.
ReplyDeleteWow, very bright yellow! I do like your leaves, wonder what your border choice will be?
ReplyDeleteI actually had some self-control & didn't start Bonnie's L&E this year, but every time I see blocks put together that are cute like yours, I feel like I need to make some. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou have some fabulous yellow blocks, Maggie! I love the bright yellow in the square dance blocks. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteYour projects are all so pretty, Maggie! I especially love the 16 patch squares with their yellow surrounding pieces. And the leaf blocks look great with their sashing, too!
ReplyDeleteYou have lots of yellow. I especially like the patchwork inside the bright yellow.
ReplyDeleteLove the variety of yellow blocks you're making! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/24/wednesday-wait-loss-499