I won these two fat quarters at guild for show and tell. If we bring a show and tell, our names are entered in a drawing. My name was picked. hooray
stash report August 16, 2026
fabric added this week: 1/2 yard
fabric added year to date for 2026: 17 yards
fabric used this week: 0 yards
fabric used year to date for 2026: 94 yards
I have used 93 yards more than I have added.
I sewed 5 days last week.
I am working on my last block for my applique project - across the wide missourri-
It is time for another tree.
| the last tree |
I decided I wanted to try a crochet technique to finish the rug's edge. I prepared the linen by turning and sewing the linen to a 1/2 inch. I cut the strips of a navy wool and gave it a try. It was a challenge, until I found the right hook size that could do the job. I realized I didn't like a navy wool, it was too dark. So, I pulled it out and decided I would use my handmade navy wool from the background.
| too dark |
15 min to stitch at life in pieces
Great stash and stitching metrics this year. Hopefully it didn't take too long to take out the dark navy and start with the background navy.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the show and tell, and winning the prize! These two fabrics are beautiful. Your appliqué tree looks lovely, and the crochetted border of the rug is going to be perfect with your own navy yarn. I love the subtle variations in the wool and the effect they have on the rug, very pretty! Thank you for sharing and linking up.
ReplyDeleteI do miss the fat quarter drawings not being in guild any longer.
ReplyDelete