We had a little workshop at our guild's open sew. We made these cute little pincushions.
stash report August 23, 2026
fabric added this week: 0 yards
fabric added year to date for 2026: 17 yards
fabric used this week: 0 yards
fabric used year to date for 2026: 94 yards
I have used 93 yards more than I have added.
I sewed 5 days last week.
I am working on my last block for my applique project - across the wide missourri-
Part A is appliqued. Other than embroidery, it is finished. Part B is smaller.
I decided I wanted to try a crochet technique to finish the rug's edge. I prepared the linen by turning and sewing the linen to a 1/2 inch. I cut the strips of a navy wool and gave it a try. It was a challenge, until I found the right hook size that could do the job. I realized I didn't like a navy wool, it was too dark. So, I pulled it out and decided I would use my handmade navy wool from the background.
I definitely liked my hand-dyed wool better. I am making progress.
15 min to stitch at life in pieces
Those pin cushions are really cute. You've been moving along on the applique project. Happy stitching this week.
ReplyDeleteYour pincushions are cute, it's such a great activity to do together. Well done with Part A, love the log cabin chimney. Your hand dye yarn is lovely, and makes a neat finish for the rug!
ReplyDeleteI like the edging on your rug.
ReplyDeleteYou have quite a few applique blocks done. How many more are there?
ReplyDelete