Friday, August 14, 2026

yellow scraps week 3

I am adding sashing to my stack and whack leaves . I usually will do anything to avoid sashing, ( I find it tedious), but these blocks need something in between them.


I like candy chains in yellow. I still have the 9 patch chaining blocks to do.


My 2 1/2 squares drawer is 60 squares lighter after adding borders to square play 


While I was piecing the borders for square play, I grabbed my 2 inch drawer of  squares to make 16 patches for square dance.


 I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different       it changes every week

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

oh scrap
wednesday wait loss

I am linking: 

8 comments:

  1. The leaves are beautiful, and the sashing is just what they needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are going together nicely! I'm not a fan of sewing sashing either, but sometimes the blocks do need it. I really like the Square Play blocks - is that from the Quilted Twins site?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the choice of sashing - it brightens up those blocks. and your square dance - LOVE those - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun with little pieces. I agree with you: those leaves need a nice sashing in between. I love the print you chose. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked a fun sashing fabric for the leaves. I don't mind sashing too much, just don't like the long ones if there are no corner stones. You made good progress on using up a few scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sashing looks good on your leaves, but I feel the same you as you: I hate doing sashing. I really like the Square Play blocks & they seem a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the green sashing and golden corners for these pretty leaves! 60 + 48 fewer squares in the scrap boxes, yeah!! Well done making these colorful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green sashing with the leaves, Maggie, as well as your cheerful yellow RSC blocks! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete