I was able to start assembly of stack and whack leaves . I started it in 2012. It was on my ''I don't need to finish this '' list. But, I saw the colors in my project box closet, and checked how much it would take to finish it. It was doable. Interesting fabrics younger me picked.
I was tempted to just sew the purple candy chains I had cut, thinking it was going to be a purple month.
Again, I had already cut for purple, but, I really like yellow square play blocks.
While I was cutting rolling windmills, I pulled out shorter pieces for my stashbuster quilt. And, then, I cut a few sets that I pieced.
I even cut for rolling windmills.
I am linking to:
TGIFF different it changes every week
please consider signing up to host the weekly party here
I am linking:
I just love the shape of those leaves. I think I have a paper piece block of that shape but never time to dig into the autumn fabrics for some reason! I am also cutting in the yellow and purple scrap bins today. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are going to be very next week. How wonderful it will be sit down with your various newly cut fabric and go to town.
ReplyDeleteThose leaf blocks are really pretty! I love the green sashing you're using, too. Have fun with those yellow scraps!
ReplyDeleteCutting is a necessary task, but when it's done, you can just sew to your heart's content. Love all those yellow piles!
ReplyDeleteYour leaf collection is looking good. Looks like you've got lots of fun yellows to play with this month.
ReplyDeleteNice when a project you formerly had no reason to finish can suddenly become a priority (or "worth tackling now") one. I have been enjoying seeing everyone's yellow stashes. While once a color I wasn;t particularly fond of, now it is one I favor and enjoy working with.
ReplyDeleteNow you are * pre cut* for next month. I like the yellows you are working with
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy the projects you pull out for each RSC color. What a fun way to participate and get everything done! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/12/wednesday-wait-loss-497
Great project, Maggie. I really do love those leaves! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDelete