Friday, July 3, 2026

blue skies finish

 While I was in Florida, I made the top for blue skies.  I started this quilt in 2016 when Bonnie Hunter's string book was published. I made all the string blocks, and it became a ufo. Last year, I worked on it for the rainbow scrap challenge, but, when I opened the book and saw that I would need a gazillion small hsts, I decided to take what I had and run with it. I would have loved making the hsts back when I started it, but, not now. I feel like I have too many higher priority quilts I want to finish.

 I even went to thrift stores for cotton shirts to add the borders. Now, it is finished and off the list.

66 x 76 = 15 yards



I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different    it changes every week

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

oh scrap
wednesday wait loss


I am linking: 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish. . .making it your own worked well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! Your way worked out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue sky with yellow sun combo. Congratulations for finishing a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is nice, sunny blue skies, all finished now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty quilt - I like the exploding star look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the finish. Sometimes we have to make a detour from the original plan, but the result is just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out beautifully. Congrats on a finish. Sometimes the best solution is to have a finish even if it didn't follow the original plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish, Maggie. I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool way to use string triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better to have a finish I think than trying to make 100s more HSTs when you don't want to. Congrats on a beautiful finish! Love that binding. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/08/wednesday-wait-loss-492

    ReplyDelete