I am not certain yet which color will be for the rainbow scrap challenge in August. I decided to hedge my bet, with an older ufo that will have both purple and yellow, which are the two missing colors this year. I think there was a clue in last weeks rsc post, but, I may be wrong. If so, I can pivot. If not, it's not like I don't have plenty of scraps in either color.
I took a guild workshop in 2012 with one of our guild's founding members. We made leaves using a stack and whack method. Over the years I have made bits and pieces of progress. This time, I realized, all I need is to assemble the top. And, it is topical for this time of year.
No matter the color announced tomorrow, I have broken my hesitation for assembling my rsc project for zig zag quilt It's just a start. But the start was the hardest part to make myself do. I stared at the picture a long while. It's an on-point layout and the blocks are 2 1/2 inches unfinished.
I am linking to:
TGIFF different it changes every week
please consider signing up to host the weekly party here
I am linking:
The Zig Zag quilt will be so much fun now that you've got a start on it. So bright and cheerful with all those colors.
ReplyDeleteI know -- there's been nary a hint about the August color, and I"m rarin' to go!
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed by the size of your squares. Whatever you wind up with, it's going to be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLots of options for sewing this month. Stack and whack leaves sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteI’m glad to learn the new color. Ivebeenin afunk! Maybe this will kick me out of my rut!
ReplyDeletePerfect UFO selection for the new Color of the Month for August AND September, Maggie! Best of luck with your various projects. Happy scrapping!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie! like you, I guessed purple from Angela’s picture last week and sewed up some purple. But I wasn’t smart like you to include some yellow! But that’s OK, right? That just means I get to spend a lovely afternoon sorting through my yellows and golds.
ReplyDeleteThose leaf blocks look like fun. Purple and yellow is such a fun color combination. On point settings always give me pause too, but it looks like you've gotten a good start on the zig zag project.
ReplyDeleteI like how you are hedging your bets!! The new blocks in the first photo - very intriguing!
ReplyDeleteYour leaves are so pretty. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteThose leaves are pretty. Looks like you'll be able to work on them no matter what the RSC color is. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/05/wednesday-wait-loss-496
Those leaves are so cute, Maggie! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDelete