Friday, January 15, 2021

flannel quilts and a finish

My ufo # 2 and #3 for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy was 2 pink flannel baby quilts. I didn't know, when I opened the box, if I had just collected the fabric, or, had it cut for what I needed. I saw labels on the fabric, so I was excited to learn it was already cut and ready to sew.

there are 2 quilts cut out in the box


I had all the letters I needed for the pattern -quilt #1

I arranged them on tray with all the letters showing

I have looked all over the internet for the pattern for this quilt to share. I can't find it anywhere. I see the diagram, but, the links are dead. My copy is a faded copy that came with the first flannel quilt kit that I bought years ago.
I like making it. It is easy to strip piece and subcut so that it looks complicated.

quilt # 2


I had quilt # 2 pieced and ready to quilt January 2nd.


42 x 54 and 7 yards of fabric


pink flannel back

update: I found an old blog post about the pattern including a share it  of my copy of the pattern

22 comments:

  1. Flannel quilts are so cozy to wrap babies in, very cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any project that includes Hello Kitty flannel is a winner in my book! And BTW, just a tip ... If you have a URL that no longer works, plug it into the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org/). There may be an old version of it stored there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun find - and fun to finish it up!! Glad you had the hard copy since the others disappeared on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that cute?! I love the black and white prints mixed in with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bonus to find them ready to go. Very pretty result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheerful pink flannels sound perfect for a cold and dreary day like we're having here today! Nice job on your sweet finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute quilt finish, Maggie. Even better that it's a UFO and PINK for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pink flannels, cute quilt and also beautiful quilting Maggie.Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What could be better than finding a quilt already cut and ready to sew. It is beautiful! So glad that you were able to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt looks so soft. Beautiful, Maggie. :0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you found everything all nice and labeled! I have a box of 2 fabrics all cut... no clue what the pattern is though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Your pink flannel quilts look so warm and
    comfy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! I saw some Hello Kitty fabric. My 16yo granddaughter told me just the other day that Hello Kitty is back "in style"...well, at least for her it is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pink flannel quilts, so pretty and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on a very fun and cute finish. I love the little puppies that pop up here and there on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love flannel quilts for babies, and these are extra nice! Thanks for sharing the pattern with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on a very cute and snuggly finish. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The simple pattern is perfect for flannel, and the baby will love it. Thanks for joining up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pink! I have a pink project on the go also! And Hello Kitty warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, hot diggity! You found the pattern and probably already have it sewn up by now! #2 is very pretty and the quilting looks great with the flannels Good job!

    ReplyDelete