Friday, August 28, 2026

week 5 yellow scraps

We have a 5th week in  August for the rainbow scrap challenge. I was able to work on my monthly ufo. My stack and whack leaves. quilt is a top. I added a small orange border and a larger yellow gold  border. Luckily, I had a Saturday of open sew with my guild.


56 x 64

In other news, While I was checking the leader/ ender challenge, at Quiltville. I went crazy and bought a new pattern called crackers and jam. It is a paper pieced tiny block. I didn't realize it was paper pieced when I bought it. I can use some of the tiniest scraps. So far, I enjoy making the blocks, but, again, I don't know if I have the time, considering I have so many ufos I would like to finish.


I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different       it changes every week

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

oh scrap
wednesday wait loss

I am linking: 

8 comments:

  1. I did the same thing - and bought the Crackers and Jam pattern. I've made a few. It really is a small paper pieced version of a larger signature block pattern I found years ago called Ritzy Crackers. I made a ton of them for a family reunion signature quilt at the time. I loved the bigger version, and think these little bitty ones are adorable. And fun to make. I love your yellow ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so good about finishing UFOs the last couple of years. You deserve a new start! Do it in the color of the month from scraps and just work it in. Life happens (mine has this year and I got almost no sewing done.), so work on what you enjoy! SarahsGiftNShip at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaf quilt turned out beautifully. Those yellow/golds you used in the borders really complement the blocks. Enjoy the last of the yellow scrappy sewing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cracker & jam blocks are a great idea for the RSC. Have fun with them! Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your leaf quilt. Pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I resisted the Crackers and Jam, but was totally tempted. Your yellow blocks are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Crackers and Jam blocks are so tiny and cute! Hard to resist I'm sure. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/02/wednesday-wait-loss-500

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are super cute, but sooo tiny!! They are very cheerful in the yellow though. I'm not a huge fan of paper piecing...unless I'm looking for near perfect points... because it's more time consuming! Have fun with them. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete