Monday, July 25, 2016

Indiana celebrates 200 years

Our guild is making a quilt to be donated to a local museum to celebrate Indiana's 200th birthday. Each of us will make a 9 inch finished block in fall colors, and then the quilt will be made using the blocks. We were free to choose our own design. I didn't get very creative and used the pattern Indiana puzzle for mine. I am sure there will be be some very creative blocks from our talented quilters, and mine will be needed for visual rest.
Here is the pattern available in 6, 9, 12 inches. I was surprised at how many different Indiana puzzle quilt blocks I found during research.










My Grandmother, Florence Swank Hollister, made this block in red and cream in the early 1900s. I feel very honored to be it's custodian.



No comments:

Post a Comment