Thursday, July 21, 2016

A little Tumbling

I finished the top for Carolina Christmas Quilt, and have pieced the back and made the binding. It is now in line to be quilted. My next Bonnie Hunter quilt to finish before her new book arrives is last year's leader ender challenge- tumblers. I have been sewing these in between other projects, but there is a new challenge, so time to finish this up. I have made  2 1/2 inch tumblers using a template from Missourri Star Quilt Company.  
This template will fit perfectly on a mini square precut ( of which I have too many ), but I also have too many scraps and never opened a single mini square pack. This 1876 quilt was my inspiration:

My tumbler has decidedly different fabrics and look. I think I need 5 more rows with 60 in each row.
I love the soccer balls in this photo since I have never bought soccer fabric - it must have been a gifted scrap.
I am linking to Jo's Country Junction Ufo challenge.

1 comment: