Saturday, July 23, 2016

Block of the month

My daughter, Katie joined several online block of the month groups this year. There are some really great quilts available and are very tempting. I have considered joining myself. Sherri from a Quilting Life has made the Splendid Sampler very very tempting. Katie is doing this Block of the month. I love watching her progress.
This is her design wall

reasons to join  -
Competition: if my daughter can do it....
peer pressure : all the talented quilters are doing it.....
logic: one block is easier than a whole quilt, surely it is more likely to be done.....
trendy: this is an up to the times popular quilting style happening right now
fabric: reason to buy NEW fabric

My quilting truth may be:  I love piecing, and I love piecing enough to cut for it. It seems troublesome to get everything out to cut for just one block. And stressful to have to read through several steps of instructions for just one block, sew 400 half square triangles is much easier to understand. and where and how do I keep a project out for a whole year without losing parts and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment